Effective Date: 25 August 2022
We value our clients & customers at OQDO. It is important for us that you have a wonderful
experience booking and transacting on OQDO, and that you feel safe while doing so.
use of our websites, mobile application and services (collectively, the “Services”). It also governs
the collection, use and disclosure of your information.
2. Information we collect and receive
We may collect and receive information from you in the following situations:
- When you register as a user or service provider with us.
- When you choose to connect your Account with an external third-party service or application.
- When you use the features and functions available on our Services, for example, by creating
listings of your services, interacting with other users through our chat feature, or transacting
with other users or service providers.
- If you contact us, for example, with a query or to report a problem.
- When you register for a survey or campaign with us.
- When you interact with us offline or through an external third party.
You are under no obligation to provide the information to us. However, if you choose to withhold
the information or to revoke permission for us to receive the information, we may be unable to
provide certain aspects of our Services to you.
By providing us with any information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse,
children, parents, and/or employees), you represent to us that you have validly obtained the consent
of the third party to provide us with their information for the respective purposes.
We may collect and receive the following information. Please note that not all our Services collect
all of the information listed below:
- Account credentials such as username.
- Profile information such as, name, gender, email address, profile photo, mobile number, date
of birth, identity card number, address.
- Information required for OQDO Bookings and Bazaar (including payment) such as credit or
debit card details, bank account, NRIC/FIN number, address, mobile number.
- Location information such as last known location, meet-up location.
- Any other information disclosed by you in any of the above-mentioned methods and/or through
the use our Services.
- Aggregate data collected through the use of our Services.
- Any communications between you and another user or service provider of our Services.
3. Your interactions with others
Our Services may offer features which allow users to connect and communicate in groups which
are public or semi-public, and to share information with each other to complete a transaction.
Please use common sense and exercise good judgement when sharing information in these groups
or with others. We will generally not monitor or remove the information which you share and such
information may remain available on our Services after your Account has been deactivated,
terminated or is otherwise closed. You are responsible for the information you choose to share in
these groups or with other users.
4. Why we collect the information and how we use it
We may use the information collected and received from you for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity, update our records and generally maintain your Account with us.
- Provide our Services and customise the content shown to you.
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver and maintain our Services.
- To process transactions.
- To process or arrange payments.
- To process or resolve any dispute arising from or in connection with any transactions, in
accordance with our Terms of Service.
- To detect or monitor any frauds or other prohibited content, businesses or activities.
- Responding to your queries and resolving complaints.
- To facilitate, confirm and/or provide updates or notifications in relation to any transactions.
- Carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our Services are being used and how we
can improve them.
- To update you on your listings and our Services. These updates will be sent by email and/or
through push notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these updates at any time.
- To send you marketing and/or promotional materials on the latest products and services of
OQDO or carefully selected third parties. These updates will be sent by email and/or through
push notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these marketing communications.
These marketing communications may also be communicated to you through text messages
and/or voice calls if you have indicated that you wish to receive such updates through these
- To send you service-related messages including, without limitation, a welcome/confirmation
email when you register your Account and to enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
These messages are not promotional in nature. These messages will be sent by email and/or
through push notifications and you may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from
OQDO, unless you deactivate your account.
- Perform functions or services as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection such as to
publish and/or use for our marketing purposes, your feedbacks and stories.
- To provide you a more tailored online advertising experience.
- If you are a member of our survey panel, your information may also be used to manage your
panel membership; send you service-related messages, new survey opportunities and, updates
on your rewards and incentives. These updates will be sent by email and/or through push
notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these updates. These updates may also
be communicated to you through text messages and/or voice calls if you have indicated that
you wish to receive such updates through these methods.
- To provide and carry out cross-application and cross-device advertising (i.e. advertising across
browsers and applications on a single device, as well as cross-device advertising), advertising
delivery and reporting. Information include information described above and data collected
from a particular computer, browser or device and may be used with another computer, browser
or device that is linked to the computer, browser or device on which such data was collected.
- To comply with applicable Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism
regulations and other applicable laws and regulations.
5. Who we share your information with
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- When you register for an Account, the information which you make available on your profile
may be viewed by other users of our Services. Other users of our Services would also be able
to view the content which you upload and share on our Services.
- We may share the information with third party service providers who assist us in performing
certain aspects of our Services on our behalf, such as processing transactions, payment or
shipping services, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications,
updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks. Such
service providers will only have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to
perform their functions.
- We may share the information with our related and associate companies and affiliates for the
purposes of performing certain aspects of our Services and for the purposes as set out in this
- We may share the information with our potential partners, investors and other parties with a
view to a potential business partnership, collaboration, joint venture or otherwise in furtherance
of our business.
governmental and other regulatory authorities or the courts in any jurisdiction; (ii) any third
party claimants or potential third party claimants; or (iii) your card issuing bank, financial
institution and/or payment service provider, to process or resolve any chargeback, payment
reversal and/or dispute arising from or in connection with a transaction using our Services in
accordance with our Terms of Service.
third party data management platforms or advertising and analytics partners precise location
information. This location information may be used by itself, aggregated, or combined with
mobile identifiers (such as IDFAs and Android IDs), and shared with third parties for purposes
related to advertising, analytics, attribution (e.g., measuring ad performance), analytics and
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that
such action is necessary to prevent fraud or crime or to protect our Services or the rights,
property or personal safety of any person.
Third party service providers we may work with includes:
- Sift Science – for fraud detection and prevention services
- Stripe – payment service provider
We respect your privacy and we will not sell your personal information to any third party. We may
disclose data and aggregate statistics about users of our Services and sales to prospective partners,
advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties in order to describe our Services, deliver
targeted advertisements or for other lawful purposes, but these data and statistics will not include
information which can be used to identify you.
6. Transfer of information
By using our Services, you authorise us to use your information in Singapore, the United States,
and other countries where OQDO operates for the purposes mentioned above. We will ensure that
with applicable laws on personal data protection (including, but not limited to, the Personal Data
Protection Act 2012 of Singapore).
7. Protecting your information
The security of your information is important to us. We will have security measures in place to
protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. We will also
follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us over the
Internet, both during transmission and once we receive it. Sensitive information (such as credit
card numbers) will be encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, no method
of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while
we will strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot
guarantee its absolute security.
It is important that you protect against unauthorised access of your Account and information by
choosing your password carefully and keeping your password and Account secure (e.g. by signing
out after using our Services).
8. Accessing and updating your information
You may access and update your information within our Services through the “Settings” page of
Where you provide personal information about yourself to us, you are responsible for providing
accurate, not misleading, complete and up-to-date information about yourself and any other person
whose personal information you provide us, and to update this personal information as and when
it becomes inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or out-of-date.
In certain circumstances, you may need to provide to us personal information about someone other
than yourself. If so, we rely on you to inform these individuals that you are providing their personal
information to OQDO, to make sure they consent to you giving us their information and to advise
If you wish to:
(a) apply for a copy of the information we hold about you; or
(b) withdraw consent you previously provided to us to use, collect or disclose the information we
hold about you; or
(c) request for a deletion of the data you previously provided to us to use, collect or disclose the
information we hold about you;
You can contact us at the contact details set out in our website
Please allow us a reasonable period of time to respond to any request and effect any change. We
may ask to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally
permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and may give you reasons for doing so.
Where you have requested for a copy of the information, we hold about you, we may charge a
reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to your request. If we decide to do
so, we will provide you with a written estimate of such fee beforehand.
9. Tracking technologies
We may use tracking technologies on our Services. These enable us to understand how you use
our Services which, in turn, helps us to provide and improve our Services. However, the tracking
technologies do not access, receive or collect information which can be used to identify you. We
have listed below some examples of the tracking technologies that may be used on our Services:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file sent from a website to your browser that is stored on your
device. Cookies are used for a number of purposes, including to display the most appropriate
content based on your interests and activity on our Services, estimate and report our Service’s
total audience size and traffic, and conduct research to improve our Services. We may also
partner with selected third-party vendors such as Google Analytics to allow tracking
technologies and remarketing services on our Platforms through the use of first party cookies
and third-party cookies for such purposes. You can configure your device’s settings to reflect
your preference to accept or reject cookies. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to take
full advantage of our Services.
- Clear gifs. We may employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons or web
bugs) to help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is
effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies and
are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored
on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about
the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
- Flash cookies. We may use Flash cookies to store some of your viewing preferences on our
Services. These are used to collect and store information, but differ from browser cookies in
the amount, type and manner in which data is stored.
10. OQDO Opt-Out
We may deliver personalised and/or targeted advertisements (each, a “Targeted Ad”) to you in the
course of your use of our Services and/or through a variety of advertising networks and exchanges.
Please note that if you choose to “opt out”, we will not use information we have collected about
you to deliver Targeted Ads, but it does not opt you out of seeing advertisements. You will still
see generic, non-targeted advertisements which are served without the use of any information we
have collected about you. You may still be served advertisements for other reasons, such as:
- General advertisements served to all users of our Platforms.
- Personalised and/or targeted advertisements from other third parties and not delivered by
OQDO through your mobile and/or web activities.
Please also note that even though OQDO does not share your personal data (other than hashed or
device identifiers, to the extent they are personal data in some countries) with any advertising
you view or interact with an advertisement via any of your devices, an advertiser or advertising
network or exchanges can infer that you are within their target audience; or when you click on an
advertisement, the publisher and/or advertiser will know you visited the page that you clicked on
and may still be able to associate personal data collected by such third parties directly from you
through their cookies and similar tracking technologies.
posted here. If we believe that the changes are material, we will notify you of the changes by
posting a notice on our Services or by email. You are responsible for reviewing the changes which
12. Third party sites and resources
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to external sites or resources which are operated
by third parties. We have no control over the content and privacy practices of such sites or
resources. You are advised to review the privacy policies of these sites and resources operated by
third parties and understand how your information may be used by those third parties.
13. Contact us
you to contact us by sending an email to admin@Oqdo.com. Your indication at the subject header
would assist us in attending to your email speedily by passing it on to the relevant staff in our
organisation. For example, you could insert the subject header as “Accessing Personal Data”.
language, in the event of any inconsistencies in the meaning of any provision of the English
OQDO does not: (a) offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, European Union data
subjects; and (b) process and/or hold the personal data of data subjects residing in the European